Thursday, September 22, 2011

We're making it.

We survived the first day of kindergarten! Not only the first day, but we are on week 3 now (I think, maybe it's 4, I don't even know!) and it's going well. Now, at least.

Okay the part that DIDN'T go well, was the first couple times of Austin getting on the bus, sans mama. The first day, he got on with his aunt ( a freshman in hs), who rode the bus at first just for him to get used to it, and he got on that bus and didn't even turn around as he walked away. He did AWESOME! I was so proud of him. And then I went back home and I cried. And then I stopped. And then I e-mailed his teacher. And then I drove by the playground at recess. And then I was the first car in line to pick him up after school. :)

But it did, it went good...the following week, we had to get on a regular schedule, and with my work, on Mon & Tues mornings, I have to go in early right now, so I cannot be there to get him on. So twice, I got to work and got a call from my father in law that he did NOT get on the bus, wouldn't even go outside. I had to leave to go get him and get his arse to school. After the 2nd offense, I didn't know what else to do, so I told him this cannot happen again, bc if it happens a 3rd time, mommy will lose her job, and he will go to jail. Bc kids that don't go to school, get arrested and go to jail, and then we'd never see each other, EVER AGAIN.

Guess who gets on the bus now? Ha. I always win.

So, since he's done so well, today is picture day, and I told him yesterday as  a reward, I would take him to school. He was super excited and everything was great until we walked into school. Cue to clinging to legs, and eyes swollen with tears. Guess I won't be doing THAT again.....and he even  spiked his hair today bc he wanted to have his hair just like his teachers. lol

Enough about that....I should also take this time, to announce to the world that he scored the game winning goal at his soccer game on Saturday, and blocked every goal attempt in the first half as goalie! They don't keep score for the 5-6 age group, but obviously the parents do. haha He got the goal, the last play of the game! Proud mama moment #497.

One of these days, I plan to pick this blog back up, but my writers block lately has been a complete pain in my ass. Even on my fb page. I feel so much pressure, bc all the time, people tell me how much they love reading my fb posts, and look forward to them, which I LOVE, don't get me wrong, but it's a lot of pressure, when there's 300 people on fb to read YOUR status. lol

I'll close this with a quote from the song "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift....I am in love with this song and it makes me cry, for reals.

"To you, everything's funny. You've got nothing to regret. I'd give all I have honey, if you could stay like that. Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, just stay this little; Oh darlin don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple."

1 comment:

  1. Way to use fear and guilt to get him to do what you want. I can see that you are a woman of similar standards. :) It's a good thing he doesn't know my kids, though, cuz they'd tell him that he could just be homeschooled. Yeah... A lot of public school parents don't care for my kids talking about homeschooling... :)

    ReplyDelete